HIGHLIGHTS – RED NATION CELEBRATION & FILM FESTIVAL
- Red Nation launched the first American Indian Film Festival in Los Angeles,
- Red Nation created and founded the American Indian Heritage Month in the city/county of Los Angeles and in the State of New Mexico,
- Red Nation has the first and only Red is Green Carpet Gala events,
- Red Nation launched :Native Women in Film & Television” group,
- Red Nation created the first American Indian Channel Television on the internet,
- Red Nation formed the only American Indian Holocaust Memorial,
- Red Nation produced the first and only American Indian parade/downtown in the City of Los Angeles,
- Red Nation created the only “The Red Nation Statuette,” Red Nation Film Award of Excellence, For the very first time in the history of American film, Native actors, filmmakers, and producers have a coveted award equivalent to the well known “Oscar”. It symbolizes exceptional achievement and filmmaking excellence.
- Red Nation founded Native Women in Recovery in the Arts,
- Red Nation produce’s the only contemporary & traditional American Indian music event during Grammy week,
- Red Nation produce’s the only American Indian film screening during the Oscar week,
- Red Nation created the only American Indian music radio program in Los Angeles,
- Red Nation created the only American Indian Film Preservation Foundation, and so much more …
Red Nation True Leader in Media Relations and Innovative Creative Productions ….
Red is Green Carpet Gala launched in 2008, before then, there had never been a Red Carpet event for our American Indian & Indigenous artists, filmmakers, and musicians. However, due to Red is Green Carpet Gala, now other native organizations including Chaske Spencer of Shift the Power and Native American Music Awards are including in their productions a Red carpet ….
Red is Green Carpet Gala™ – Red Nation the NEW Glam – Native Fashion with Social Action™
ABOUT RED NATION FILM FESTIVAL
Red Nation Film Festival (RNFF) – The Authentic Voice of American Indian & Indigenous Cinema.
Red Nation Film Festival is the largest and most prestigious celebration of the American Indian motion picture art form in Los Angeles in film, arts, music, television, radio and entertainment, and is recognized worldwide as the best venue for marketing American Indian & Indigenous Independent Films & Documentaries, Home to the Native Documentary Voice, including Native Women in Film & Television. Red Nation Film Festival is held and part of The American Indian Heritage Month in the city of Los Angeles, the Entertainment Capital of the World, the largest American Indian Urban population in the country and the second largest city in the nation.
Includes: Experience American Indian Cinema, Star-studded Red is Green Carpet event, American Indian films, shorts, industry panels, documentaries, international indigenous films, and environmental films, Native Women in Film & Television, Native Youth Films, Native Women Student Film Contest, Red Nation FilmLab, press conference, Native Fashion with Social Action, Awards Gala, Night of Tribute Honor Ceremony, Red Nation Records Music Café, Art Exhibits, Red is Green Carpet Events Includes Exclusive Feature film screenings, Celebrities, art, and so much more …
Red Nation Film Festival is dedicated to breaking the barrier of racism by successfully replacing American Indian stereotype with recognition, new vision, arts, culture and economic prosperity by placing American Indian Filmmakers at the forefront of the entertainment industry and to introduce American Indian Filmmakers to larger, global mainstream audiences.
Each year RNFF Annual Events chooses a Charity (s) in support of American Indian, Education, Social Justice, Environmental Solutions, Human Rights, Animal Protection and HIV/AIDS Prevention.
RNFF Founded in 2003.
Founder Joanelle Romero: Actively been organizing events, programs, youth initiatives in City/County of Los Angeles for over 33 years & 16 years in Santa Fe, NM.